Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tulip Festival

Saturday Seoul and I went with some friends to the Tulip Festival in Woodburn. It was a lot of fun! The fields are so beautiful! I've decided they are my 3rd favorite flower... my favorite is whatever Kelley gets me :) which is usually red roses or stargazer lilies in different colors. He has gotten me tulips once before but I'm not sure he remembers those.



I enjoyed the different varieties. They had tags next to them so people would know the variety. I have to get the Aladdin one day because that is my favorite movie :)



The Baby Bjorn was fabulous so I could walk around and not get the stroller wheels all muddy. It was a little windy so I had to shield Seoul with the blanky, but then it warmed up and was great weather.



Seoul slept during the first part of the festival and then woke up to eat.



This is a cool train / tractor. How Seoul slept through the whistle blows I'm not sure. I jumped every time it happened!



It is at the Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm. They have different size and color wooden shoes in different places. See below :) They have smaller ones that kids could sit in but Seoul is too little... and she was too sleepy to try.



She woke up to eat and then we walked around a little more before we left. She kept looking down... I think at her pants because of the pattern.



I couldn't resist this picture - this looks like so much fun! If only I were younger... haha. You know Seoul will be doing this kind of thing when she's older! There were lots of activities for kids - haystacks, big blow up bouncy things, pony rides, cow train rides.. lots of fun stuff.



Good times! Maybe next year we'll get some pictures of Seoul walking amongst the flowers :)

Here is the website if you're interested. It ends May 3rd. http://www.woodenshoe.com/

No comments: