Seoul LOVES SpongeBob SquarePants!!
I don't remember how Seoul was introduced to SpongeBob but she loves the cartoon/character! She has numerous articles of clothing, a big SpongeBob and little SpongeBob. We had a SpongeBob birthday party. Well, you get the idea.
I saw an article and just watched a news segment about the negative effects of the cartoon on preschoolers. I had to post about it because I find it amusing for some reason. As a sociology major, I'm a bit skeptical of studies that say one thing or another because data can be skewed any number of ways. Also the study doesn't talk about the lasting or long-term effects, just immediate effects after watching it for 9 minutes. Maybe it's rotting my daughter's brain... hm...
Ultimately: just don't let kids watch cartoons (any type) for hours on end. Seoul will request we turn off the TV to do other activities or just start playing with other stuff after a little while of watching. Love my girl for that!
Anyway, I'm done now.
{Oh, for the record, she calls it "SchungeBob." Lately she is trying to say it the correct way and she can... but I really hope she doesn't change permanently because it's cute!}
No comments:
Post a Comment