Wednesday, November 18, 2015

November 18, 2015

Today is one of those days I feel tired. Sierra is in the habit of waking every night for some reason. Last night I found her like this... sleeping on my bedside table. I should be doing many things today but instead I've played on the stairs with my boy, played on the floor with my girls, read requested stories, and chatted with Sydney about random things that pop into her crazy little mind.



Someone I know started a blog. I got teary-eyed as she wrote of her baby's health issues. It inspired me to open this blog, and then I got discouraged that I'm so stinking far behind. Then I looked at the wonderful picture at the top of my awesome family. That image never fails to make me smile. It was taken almost exactly one year ago. James was new. The girls are smiling. Those little people are the reason {I claim} the blog and my journal are so far behind. Life will go on and we will remember what we can. What's important is to live in the moment and enjoy what is right in front of me. 

Yesterday I held an adorable little newborn - 8-weeks-old. We are now out of that phase, and it passed far too quickly. James is almost 14 months old. I am sad that he isn't even alive on the blog, and I haven't done monthly updates. I am so in love with him. He is snuggly and loving and smart and funny.







In just a few minutes we will go get Seoul from school. Things will get louder and busier. The playroom hasn't been cleaned, so today may or may not be chalked up to a "fail" but that's life. Just slow down and enjoy the moments, I suppose.  It goes by so quickly.

No comments: