Sunday, August 21, 2016

Clackamas County Fair tradition

The kids enjoy being in the Kiddie Caper Parade so they can decorate and ride their bikes while throwing out candy. I make them get rid of the majority of their candy we have stashed in the cupboard, which is a win-win. I don't buy candy and  our cupboard gets emptied. Ironically they usually get more at the end of the parade from the floats that want to get rid of all their candy. Can't win 'em all, right?





The favorite are the animals, of course. Sydney was on a mission to pet the Llamas. This year we did lots of the vendor booths, learning about all sorts of subjects. The girls went on a hunt to find all the wheels they could spin. The best prize was an Oregon State water bottle for Sierra, I think. Ice cream was delightful at the end of the hot day - tradition!













No comments: