Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Don't come between Seoul and her food!

As Seoul learns to feed herself, I've discovered something very telling about myself. I consider myself a relatively neat & clean person. Am I really ready to observe food being smeared everywhere?? We had our first spoon-on-the-floor incident the other day. I have a while to go before it's over... I best get used to it :) Seoul mastered picking things up with her pincer fingers a while ago... now she's getting quite good at the rolling peas and slippery avocados.




Breakfast: oatmeal and pear. Smeared from the back of her head, down her arm, all over the tray. Lovely. She had fun going at it with her hand, though!




Since she gets to eat big people food she has become a little MOOCH! Oh my! Whenever there is the sight of food she comes as quick as she can. Who could resist this little angel face silently begging for food?? Oh, did I say silently? WRONG! She is extremely vocal about getting some!




I believe she knows the words breakfast, lunch, dinner, and food. Whenever I mention them she gets super excited and makes a noise that sometimes sounds like 'yes' or 'ya'. If the boppy is nearby she will point to or touch it. Silly girl!

Below is her expression once her bowl of food is almost done (and this was her second bowl!). She insists on seeing inside the bowl as I feed her so she can gauge how much is left. When there are two bites left she starts getting mad. I believe she also knows the colors of the foods she eats. No more can I get away with cereal really - she will keep her mouth closed. Then open it as soon as it's something yummy like veggies or meat on the spoon.



No comments: