Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Mini Vacation

In February Seoul and I took our first trip away from Kelley together. Although we had a lot of fun with my mom, it was sad and we missed Kelley SO MUCH! We printed a picture of him and Seoul would say "Daddy?" and kiss the picture. Adorable.

We went up to northern Washington - Birch Bay and Leavenworth. The drive was long but surprisingly I didn't get tired and Seoul handled it OK. The first few hours in the car of each drive were the hardest for her. She's not a car sleeper so we listened to a lot of baby CD's and sang a lot of songs. She read books in the back seat, which were a lifesaver!




Our first stop was Birch Bay, Washington - about 45 minutes south of the Canadian border I think. It was beautiful. We hiked around a state park and Seoul picked out rocks and shells for daddy from the beach.




Next was Leavenworth, Washington. This is a fun Bavarian tourist town. The shops are fun. I bought a (yummy scented) candle out of guilt for making wet tire marks in his shop with Seoul's stroller. Oh, the things I do for a baby - haha! Seoul walked on snow for the first time. Yep, not a fan to walk on it or touch it.




It was a rather quick trip but lots of fun to spend time with mom/grandma and see some new sights. The days away from home took a toll on Seoul and she did sleep a good portion of the way home.



1 comment:

A.Lee said...

That last picture of Seoul is so precious.