Thursday, March 25, 2010

It's MY party and I'll CRY if I want to...



Just kidding... I didn't cry because today was the big decade change. Surprising myself, I was slightly sad and nostalgic yesterday about moving out of my 20's. I've done so many things in the last decade: made and lost friends, moved (way too many times!), graduated from college, became an "adult", voted, got married which includes getting a new last name, bought a brand new car, had a baby, bought a house, gained a testimony, learned to appreciate what I have rather than want what isn't mine... essentially gained valuable perspective into my life.

I look forward to my 30's. I feel settled and I have the best family and friends.
What more could I ask for?

(Ok, so I wrote this and as I re-read it... REALLY?! I'm in my 30's now? No more 20-something birthdays?? Whoops - maybe I'm not ready...)



Whew. I'm over it. Bring on the 30's and it's going to be the BEST time ever!

Today I played lots with my perfect baby Seoul. I was reminded that I married the love of my life. I had lunch with my favorite sister Mindee. I got numerous birthday wishes from friends and family everywhere. I got to see my dear friend Jennie and her big boy Blake. I had a special dinner with my handsome husband and beautiful daughter. It was a lovely day. Life is good.

3 comments:

spudette said...

Happy Birthday! I just keep remembering the movie "13 going on 30" and trying to remember that Jenna wanted to be 30 - it's desirable, right? Best wishes for the next decade of your life!

Brenna said...

Happy Birthday!!! Your 30s are gonna be even greater than your 20s! Glad you had a great day!

A.Lee said...

Happy Belated birthday, JooJooBees. I don't like the 30s much myself, but at least we're in the same boat together! I think you are great and I miss your cute face!