Friday, June 11, 2010

Yum... strawberries!



... or in Seoul's words "aggies" when she doesn't take the time to say it properly.


The picture alone makes my mouth water! This has been my FAVORITE food for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately I may have to switch to something else because SEOUL is a strawberry piggy and eats them ALL! I'm lucky if I can snitch a tiny bite from her strawberry without her noticing. (Not generally the case but I try!)

We are growing strawberries in our garden (yay!). So every day Seoul wants to check on our strawberries. Yep, we've already had decent production and we almost always get to take 1 or 2 back to the house to wash and eat. Today I explained to Seoul we only pick and eat the all RED berries, not the GREEN berries. So, she started pointing to the different plants saying "green... green... green" and then... found a red one. It had a hole out of the side but she would not let me ignore the RED berry. I went to check on the blueberry plants and I looked over and she had moved closer to the plant with the red berry and was squatting by it. When she noticed me she stood up. I looked away to see what she'd do and she again squatted down by it and it looked like she was trying to pick it. Over there I go... to discover she had been poking it. This girl has a mind of her own! So I picked it and told her we'd go inside to wash it. I know - I'm bad - I should have thrown it away because of the hole but I cut clear around it and washed it super good. Seoul gave me a dirty look when I handed it to her because it wasn't a WHOLE berry, just a part of a berry.

Oh my - what have I created with this strawberry passion??


ooo... look what I have... (after daddy snitched a taste)




running away so she doesn't have to share (hence, the blurriness)




teasing me...




i asked for a bite... her facial expression says it all... (ya... NO mom!)




lovin' that sweet goodness... lucky girl...



I guess I can learn to share my favorite food with this angelic face!


Following the theme, she LOVES this book...



and my big strawberry shortcake doll (try telling her it's not hers!)


3 comments:

Jennifer Richins said...

Too adorable. I'd share my strawberries with that cutie too.

K-Cos said...

Jack calls them "straws" and is in love with them too (though I did notice some improvement in his pronunciation yesterday...getting closer and closer to the real word)! Amy has to save all fruit for the end of meals or he won't eat anything else. We'll have to have a large supply of them on hand when you come visit. She is getting so big, I can't believe it!

Brenna said...

Too cute :) And I love your new blog design!