Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Girls Trip to Utah

Seoul and I took a vacation to Utah in August. I was ready to get away for a bit and super excited to see friends I hadn't seen in a while. I was nervous to take Seoul and the baby gear on a plane by myself but it wasn't so bad. On the plane Seoul watched the men loading the baggage underneath, looked at the other planes, and watched as we rose through the clouds. Then she promptly laid on my chest and went to sleep... for the whole flight. She woke up in time to pass few the brief clouds in Utah and de-plane.

The timing was great. Amy and Kara are both prego (due Sept and Oct respectively) so I got to be there for the baby shower. (Sorry - didn't get a good picture of Kara at the shower).



Seoul and Kerri hit it off... she wears "pretties" and Seoul loved that. Plus, who doesn't love Kerri?! It was so fabulous to see her and catch up. I have to add that the last day we were there Seoul called Kerri "grandma"... maybe because she wore her glasses and looked like her mom...? It was funny!



Of course with kids we have to hit up the playground. Seoul discovered the tunnel and loved it. Amy and Jack looking like the cutest little family holding hands.






It is funny to watch kids interact. Jack was a little hyper for a while but then calmed down once we were there for a while. Seoul is just shy and watches other kids a lot. It was fun to watch Jack and know that Seoul will be at the same stages in a little while - he's such a smart boy!




My dad's brother, Jerry, and his wife Earlene came down to visit. We had some good grub at Marie Callendar's and had a good visit. They got to meet Seoul for the first time. It was great to see them! Seoul called Uncle Jerry "grandpa" a couple times - he and my dad look the same. Hilarious!



I remember when I first moved to Utah I thought it was ugly - so brown. Now when I visit I realize it truly is beautiful. The mountains just right there are breathtaking. We even got to see a moose and the babies on the way down the mountain.





We got to hook up with an old roommate from Corvallis, Kristy, for lunch. She is the nicest person ever and now has this adorable little boy, Owen. It was great to visit with her and meet her little guy.



More reunions :) Marti, Kerri, and I were roommates freshman year at BYU - good ole David John Hall. We missed our other roommate Wendy... maybe one day! Marti has this cutie, Andrew, and is expecting again (obviously!). Babies are so fun!



Of course we had to pay a visit to Temple Square. It's so beautiful and magnificent! Seoul had fun with the flowers. She LOVED the reflection pond once she discovered she could put her hands in it. She identified the Temple every time we asked her and she even said Moroni and pointed.







I love Kerri and I'm so glad we're friends! It was fun to visit and see how well she's doing these days. Thanks for letting us come!


We also had lunch with Jerilee and her cute girls but I didn't get any pictures - oops! She is doing great and I am glad I got to meet up with her... it's been a long while since we visited.

We had some excellent meals... at Cafe Rio and In-N-Out specifically. Yum! It was a busy weekend but great to get away for a bit. Of course we missed Kelley terribly but next time he will get to go with us! We had lunch with Kelley when we got home. Seoul was SO excited to see him.... she literally ran down the hallway into his arms when she saw him coming around the corner.

2 comments:

Annie said...

looks like fun, but sad I didn't get to see you!!!

K-Cos said...

Don't know how I missed this post! It was so fun to see you and Seoul! You are welcome back any time! And bring Kelley, of course...and Sydney! :)