Friday, November 05, 2010

My Hero!

I. Hate. Bees. So when our nieces discovered a HUGE bees nest high up in the tree I was a little perturbed to say the least. Kelley scoped the situation, we called a landscaper who said it would be a few hundred dollars to have it professionally removed, then Kelley took action. (Love those homeowner duties!!) With all the neighbors standing around discussing it with him, he made a plan to take it down himself that night. The neighbors all said it was the hugest one they had ever seen not in the country. EW.


So picture this: 8:00 PM. It's cold. It's raining. Kelley and our two friends/neighbors are out there with flashlights and a tree trimmer. The course of action was to cut down the branch... then RUN. So here goes... Kelley cuts down the branch and it falls. Bzzz... out come some HORNETS. So they smash it with the trimmer and some other tool. More hornets take off, but there is no running involved. They watch, then leave it until morning on the ground. Kelley disposes of it first thing in the morning.

I am watching this from inside the screen door for my own safety (again, I HATE bees). I tried to get pictures but no luck, sorry. I'm proud of Kelley and I'm so glad it's gone!!

(I believe I portrayed the events accurately but Kelley can correct anything I missed)

3 comments:

Brady and Brittney said...

Did the rain help? I was waiting for swarming and stinging but they didn't even run? Wow. I don't think that could have turned out any better!

Joo Lin said...

I guess the rain and dark helped because there was no swarming and stinging... thank goodness!

The Evans Family said...

That thing was HUGE! I'm so glad there wasn't any swarming or stinging involved.