Thursday, December 16, 2010

'tis the season!

We love Christmas! The music, the decorations, the festivities, the treats... all of it!


House Lights
Kelley was on top of doing lights on the house this year... got them and put them up Thanksgiving weekend. Sweet man that he is he made the effort to do the red & white lights because I mentioned that I like the look.

 


The Singing Christmas Tree
By chance I had the opportunity to go to The Singing Christmas Tree in Portland with my mom, brother & sister-in-law and their friends. It was pretty cool, I have to admit. I think maybe next year I will try and go as a family with Kelley, Seoul, and Sydney. Love that Christmas music!
 


Christmas Tree
As usual we had the annual adventure of getting a Christmas tree. The tree farm we were intending to go to was closed so we followed the signs to another one... which turned out to be way farther than the sign indicated. Seoul found pine cones and helped pick the perfect tree. We decorated the next day and it looks "beautiful" as Seoul says every day. She was very helpful putting up lights and even the bulbs... until she shattered one in her hand. Don't worry - she didn't get hurt... and the plus side is that she doesn't play with them now :)









Macy's Santaland
This year Kelley surprised us and took us to see Santa at Macy's in Portland. It was pretty fun, although Seoul didn't write Santa a letter... oops! The line was longer than at Bridgeport last year but it was all inside out of the rain. Seoul was excited until the second I put her on Santa's lap. We have a matching picture to last year! The decorations were really pretty.





House decorations
We added a few things in our house to make it festive. We have just enough for the space we live, which is nice. It is so fun!



We have to start/do our Christmas shopping to prepare. For whatever reason I thought we had lots of time until Kelley pointed out we have two weeks (from last Saturday) - oops!

Happy Holidays! We hope everyone is happy and doing well!

No comments: