Event #1 - Easter Egg Hunt at Hope Village
There were lots of kids this year but both girls were in the same age grouping so that was nice. Sydney was pretty satisfied with the two that she got - one for each hand! Seoul was a bit nervous to get started but then had fun gathering. The girls loved the chocolate! It's such a nice little community event that isn't too overwhelming for the young kids.
{I do have a small gripe about parents gathering eggs by the handfuls for their kids. Not that I think my girls need any more eggs but that isn't so fun for the kids. The announcers even said multiple times that the kids should be the one gathering eggs!}
Event #2 - Coloring Easter Eggs
Our friend, Amy, joined in the fun but somehow she didn't make any of our pictures - oops! Seoul had a lot of fun doing the eggs on her own. Independent girl! We got the kit that had glitter so that was exciting. Sydney wanted to do her own eggs so badly, and had fun with the ones she could help with.
Event #3 - Traditional Easter Bunny Photo
Thriftway here in town does photos and hands out a little goody bag. Every year there are tears and this year was no exception. There was no line so the girls didn't have time to warm up. Both girls cried. Loudly. Seoul even tried to run away. Oh, the memories!
Event #4 - EASTER DAY!!!
Seoul came into our room SO excited asking if the Easter Bunny had come! We got up but we had to wake Sydney (notice her sleepy expression). The baskets were fun yet simple and the girls LOVED what was inside. While they were inspecting those, Seoul noticed there were eggs everywhere... what a novel concept! They went to town and had fun collecting. Sydney even was totally into it although she kept sitting down trying to open the eggs because she knew candy was inside. They got a good haul - no complaints from mom & dad either - haha!
I'm pretty excited about the Easter skirts this year. I wanted simple (since of course I waited until the last minute) and Seoul loves skirts lately. My mom made Sydney's and I made Seoul's. Seoul picked out the fabrics, and I think they turned out darling!
After church we caught a few family pictures. Of course we have to include the silly face photo that Seoul never lets us forget. We are a cute family, yes?? Too bad I couldn't get any of the girls together - still trying to figure out how to get two kids to stand and look at me simultaneously.
| One of my favorite pictures. Seoul is so beautiful in her joy and innocence! |
Event #5 - 2nd Easter Egg Hunt
More Easter treats for the girls from Uncle David and Aunt Ashley! Plus Uncle David hid more eggs outside for the girls so that made Seoul ecstatic! They didn't like picking up the hard-boiled eggs, though, because they were wet so the color bled a bit. They wanted to keep going but the eggs ran out.
| Another favorite picture. Sydney is so beautiful in her own enthusiasm and innocence. |
Event #6 - Easter Dinner
This year my mom hosted our family, Mindee, and a friend for a yummy ham dinner. No pictures of the delish food, but I did get one of the Easter basket cake I made for dessert. I think it turned out cute and was super simple. It was fun to visit and relax and make more memories. The girls love the piano and being silly!
Happy Easter! It was a beautiful time to spend with family and make memories. It was extra special to watch Seoul and Sydney interact - Seoul sharing with Sydney and making sure she was having fun also. Such a lovely remembrance of our Savior Jesus Christ and why we celebrate Easter.
No comments:
Post a Comment