Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Success!

So, I can excitedly say my house was filled with the delicious aroma of homemade bread this afternoon! I've made simple yeast rolls and other breads but I've always wanted to make bread loaves. For some reason the thought was intimidating. One of which was the kneading and rising process.

The other day my mom scored a mixer for me for $10! So now, the sky's the limit! No kneading by hand? I will try bread. I remembered my college roommate, Lala, made all kinds of yummies and I saw some bread recipes on her blog. So I looked up the breads and there it was. Simple and do-able (a word?). A short while later, I had this:


Warm bread with butter and honey. Oh my!

I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out. Not scary at all. I'm looking forward to trying the whole wheat bread.

So my final thought is that eventually I might still want a Bosch over a KitchenAid. My mom had a Bosch growing up and there are some great merits. I've noticed as I've used this mixer (even though it's not a KitchenAid, it's the same style), it's awkward to add ingredients into the bowl. Maybe I'm just not used to it yet. Regardless, it is nice not having to mix everything by hand and not knead bread by hand! Yay for me!

[Oh, and if you have any thoughts on either appliance, do share!]

3 comments:

The Evans Family said...

You're making my mouth water, they look so good! I haven't made bread in a while and I've been hoping to start makign whole wheat bread again this summer. I LOVE my Bosch.

Janelle said...

I just made bread for the first time a few weeks ago. I'd always been intimidated by the idea, as well, but finally took the plunge. I did it in my KitchenAid, which wasn't big enough for a two-loaf batch. I had to divide the dough in half for kneading, which cut down on convenience and saved time. For bread, a Bosch is probably better, if you want to be able to make more than one loaf at a time.

This is the recipe I used.

spudette said...

I got a Bosch for Christmas & I LOVE it. But they are expensive, so it's a commitment. You don't want to spend that much money and then not use it. Mr. Spud expects homemade cinnamon rolls frequently! And I make home made wheat bread. It's delicious & easy.