Thursday, February 04, 2016

Preschool Field Trip: Fire Station

One morning we went to the Fire Station to get a tour and talk to the firemen. They were so great at talking at the kids' level and keeping things moving right along. The kids got to look around the fire station and see where the firemen/firewomen eat, sleep, watch tv, and work out. I'm not sure if they were intimidated, but they were all surprisingly reserved. Then they got to go into an ambulance and fire truck. One fireman talked about emergency procedures and then showed them piece by piece the gear they have to wear. He kept them entertained. It was a lot of fun! Then we hit DQ for a yummy treat... but I was the only mom that got her own ice cream cone ;/













Just yesterday (2/3) we saw a fire truck in a waiting area near our house. Sydney said excitedly, "I see our friends! They are the men we saw at the fire station!" So fun to have that memory.

Thanks for coordinating this, Jessica!

No comments: