Monday, January 29, 2007

free meals for a week + cookies!

Kelley, with all his good intentions, volunteered us to teach marrieds class this past Sunday at church. The week flew by, as usual. We had read the lesson during the week, but Saturday rolled around pretty quickly and it was crunch time. Kelley had to study so I read through the lesson again. It was a pretty short lesson so I was trying to figure out what kind of discussion could take up more time. Finally, Kelley offered to make dinner for the next week if I would take charge of the lesson. He said I had more experience because I teach Relief Society - I don't know so much about that :) However, an added bonus is that he made cookies for class... at 11 pm. As he finished the dough he woke me up (I was asleep on the couch) and reminded me it was Fast Sunday so no cookies to distract the people. Free dinner and cookies.... all for 40 minutes of lesson... what a deal!

Don't worry, Kelley did have input in the lesson, but I still get the meals... and cookies :) Lucky me!

No comments: