When we got home this evening, Kelley noticed something tragic at our apartment door. Our bikes were gone! At first I thought it was a joke, but it's very real :( We thought back to the last time someone saw them and determined they must have been stolen Tuesday sometime. We found the little piece of chain link they left behind as they committed the offense. I admit that I was devastated because I had planned on riding my bike to work as it gets lighter outside. I told Kelley (jokingly) that I had lost faith in humanity and my naiveté toward crime is gone.
Kelley did what any good husband would do. He attempted to call the police, but they said call back during the day. Then he drove us around the apartment complex looking in all the other million bike areas – why ours?! Finally he consoled me by taking me out to ColdStone to eat ice cream. I milked it and even got a waffle bowl. Yes, it did take away some of the pain.
No comments:
Post a Comment