Monday, February 11, 2008

Bravo Zulu!




I had some free time today so I thought that I would give everyone an update on my new job. It has been over two months, so I guess I can still call it a new job.

For the past two months I have been working as a Technical Support Engineer for Symantec's Priority Support group. Symantec is the industry leader in antivirus and security software market and their software is used in 99% of the Fortune 500 company. They provide over 150 different software applications to these company's. You might be familiar with Norton Antivirus, this is antivirus software suite that is provided for home users while Symantec antivirus is mainly their antivirus suite for corporate users. I am providing support for these corporations or for anyone else that provides them with big bucks for English speaking technical support.

The colleagues that I work with are the best and it makes for a fun and entertaining work environment. I believe that I am make a nice addition to their group and have been accepted quite easily among them. It must be my charming/quirky personality that they like.

From the beginning, I was thrown into the line of fire and I think I have been holding up my own. They randomly survey customers that call in and so far I have had three survey's report back. Two of them were top scores 7 out of 7's and the other was a 6 out of 7. When you get all 7's they call it a Bravo Zulu which is a naval signal that means "Well Done". The flags at the beginning of this post represent the Bravo Zulu.

I have also had one of my calls recorded and graded. Out of a score of 5, I got a 4.61. I got marked down for saying "Cool" during the conversation. I will have to work on not saying cool for future callers.

The commute to Springfield does get tiresome at times but when I get to work I am excited to help customers and work on challenging situations that are always changing day by day. Basically, I love my job!

1 comment:

Jennifer Richins said...

That's "awesome" Kelley. I'm glad that you're lovin' your job. Makes life so much better when you enjoy what you're doing the majority of your day.