Wednesday night... about 11:15 pm...
Background: Since Kelley has to be at work by 7 am every day he goes to bed early (about 10:30 pm). I tend to stay up a little later since I am a night person and I don't have to get up so early. Most nights Kelley is sawing logs when I crawl into bed. The same scenario tonight: I crawl into bed while Kelley is sound asleep.
Then picture this....
Kelley is dead to the world... in his new favorite spot: the middle of the bed. I don't have much room and it's pretty warm so I lean up to open the window. I did this last night and Kelley briefly woke up to the noise of the blinds, leaned over, gave me a kiss then went back to sleep. Tonight when I touched the blinds (are you picturing this??) he half sat up, gave a (manly) little yell then sat up, really yelled, and grabbed his pillow to either attack me or shield himself. It definitely startled me and I didn't know what to do so I started talking.. "Hello, it's me. What are you doing? I'm just opening the window. Are you ok??" He calmed down a bit and told me I scared him (obviously), that he was sorry and then lay down and was completely out again. I had to then open the window - yep, wasn't successful the first attempt - then laid down trying to analyze what just happened. Then it struck me as FUNNY so I started giggling. This is the beginning of what Kelley calls my "laughing fits" and I can't stop. Then it turns into full blown laughter because I realize I am shaking the bed by laughing and thinking Kelley will get mad if I wake him up yet again. So I quiet down and then really wonder.... was Kelley going to attack me with the pillow or was he really just protecting himself from little ol' me....
1 comment:
This cracked me up! Good thing Kelley doesn't sleep with at gun!
Post a Comment