Wednesday, April 09, 2008

March Madness = Kelley Madness

The other day I tried to convince my wife to fill out a NCAA 2008 March Madness bracket. At first she didn't want to do it but then I told her that it was a tradition and that she had to do it. She looked at me funny and said "What tradition?" I then informed her that I was being silly like my mother because she always says that things are traditions when I think they otherwise not traditions. Finally Joo Lin laughed and she broke down and filled out a bracket yesterday. I thought that it would be fun to post the results on our blog.

Link to March Madness Bracket

P.S. The overall loser has to make dinner for a week!

March Madness is gone. The games were fun to watch and the wife and I had a nail biter with our bracket challenge. I thought that I had won for a couple of weeks. The funny thing is that I scored my bracket one way and the wife scored hers another way so that added some confusion. I thought that I had our challenge won, the wife only had one Final Four team and she only had one win in the last three days of the tournament. I had the wife make dinner the last two nights in a row. They were great meals too! Then I was cleaning up my office last night and I tried to give her bracket back to her and she said "Can you please find out what my final score was?" I told her I could but that it would be a pain because of the way that she scored it. We fought, no punches were thrown though. I rescored our brackets and the final score was 71-69. The wife had won!!!! :(

I contemplated whether or not I should tell her or if I should add a few points to mine. She had already made two meals and I thought that she would be hysterical at me. I decided that I had to tell her the truth. I went to tell her and she was mad, she started yelling at me...ok...can anyone picture Joo Lin yelling at cute little me? She just laughed...and now I have to make dinner for a week. I wonder what she will have me make?