Friday, November 07, 2008

no pics yet... but a pregnancy update...

Yes, call me a slacker yet again... no pictures to post. Yesterday I thought I looked cute and super prego so I wanted Kelley to take photos to post. Sadly, we can't find out camera anywhere.... so you will just have to wait. I must say that I've gained the prego belly! Every day I wake up and my belly is bigger and I think to myself - "Oh my goodness there is a baby in there!" She definitely doesn't hesitate to remind me with her movements... and I love it. What a unique experience and I'm so lucky to be having it. Kelley is envious of the experience I get to have. He still rubs my back and talks to Seoul every night. She will kick him the head sometimes when he tries to listen to her - it's funny!

We had a doctor appointment on Wednesday. I am healthy (sounds funny to say, yes?). Anyway, the baby's heart rate is good (beautiful sound!) and my tummy measures the right size for 29 1/2 weeks. I thought it was funny the doctor requested to see my ankle and pinched it to see if there was any swelling. Fortunately I gained enough weight this appointment so I didn't get in trouble (I was honestly worried). Kelley asked if it was safe for me to go to the OSU Football Civil War game and sit in the student section - he is a nut! The doctor said he took his wife took a Billy Joel concert during her first pregnancy so it should be fine. I thought that was a funny answer - we have a really nice, goofy doctor.

Needless to say we are getting more excited by the day! Time flies - I just realized how quickly the next 2 1/2 months are going to go.... trip to Arizona to see our future new little nephew, Thanksgiving, baby showers, wedding anniversary, Christmas, New Years... then the countdown really begins! I think I am lucky to have all these things to take my mind off the discomfort of the last months of pregnancy (so I hear).

1 comment:

Jennifer Richins said...

I can't believe you only have a little over two months to go. I'm so excited for you two.