Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Saving Babies (Kelley's Job)

It has been awhile since I have posted on our blog. My wife has been doing a spectacular job of posting lately and I really apperciate her for doing so. She always seems to pick up my slack when I drop the ball on things. I guess that is why we are perfect for each other. I LOVE YOU JOO LIN!

Where to start? Well, things are going really well at my new job. It isn't really new anymore but a lot of you are probably wondering what I do and where I do it. I work for Legacy Health System (LHS) at their corporate office in downtown Portland. My official title is "Desktop Engineer" and I love every minute of it. LHS has five hospitals in the Portland and Vancouver area and when I tell people what I do, I tell them that I save babies. Ok, I don't really save babies but I work on computers for people that saves them! That counts, does it not? In reality, I am part of their Information Services department and I work along side their server team to provide a more user friendly environment for our end users. I am a doctor for PC's! Some of the projects that I am in charge of are secret but I can share a few. I am their antivirus guru, their image specialist, and third tier technical support specialist. Sounds cool doesn't it.

Everyday provides a new unique and fulfilling experience and I am grateful that through our many trials that this has turned out for the best.

No comments: