Seoul, a 6-month-old? Believe it or not, it's true! She is growing like a weed and is the happiest girl. Yesterday was her 6-month appointment. I think she knew the shots were coming because she didn't want to lay down for the nurse. Fortunately she cried just briefly during the shots and then smiled again once we picked her up.
Stats:
Weight - 15 pounds 5 ounces (50th percentile)
Length - 27 1/2 inches (95th percentile)
Head - 16 1/2 inches (40th percentile)
This is her in the afternoon when we got home from the appointment. She just loves to stand and play at the coffee table. Happy, sweet, baby girl!


I do believe our little girl is beginning the stages of learning to crawl. When she's sitting she picks her bum off the floor and leans far forward as if she's going to get on her hands & knees. When she is on her tummy she will push herself to her hands and knees and rock back & forth a little.



A couple weeks ago we went exploring. We found a covered bridge... and a place that does renaissance fairs. Yep, I didn't know they really existed outside of movies. Too bad we missed it for the summer - ha!

One evening we had some friends over to play Rock Band. Seoul even tried out the drums! It was good times... food, laughter, music, and fun!

Sweet moment: the other day she was extra cuddly so I decided to rock her to sleep for her morning nap. It was such a perfect moment bonding with her and sharing love. I would recommend to every mom doing it every once in a while... enjoy the time they are little babies.... they grow so fast!


Stats:
Weight - 15 pounds 5 ounces (50th percentile)
Length - 27 1/2 inches (95th percentile)
Head - 16 1/2 inches (40th percentile)
This is her in the afternoon when we got home from the appointment. She just loves to stand and play at the coffee table. Happy, sweet, baby girl!
She has teeth! Last Friday I rubbed her gums and there was a little sharp spot on the lower right. When I looked there were two spots next to each other and this morning I discovered the lower left is also starting to poke through.
I do believe our little girl is beginning the stages of learning to crawl. When she's sitting she picks her bum off the floor and leans far forward as if she's going to get on her hands & knees. When she is on her tummy she will push herself to her hands and knees and rock back & forth a little.
Crawling or walking first? Well, until recently I thought that she might be a walker first. She is really only happy when she pulls herself up and stands. With support she can even take steps and walk around a little. In this picture she actually pulled herself up on the car seat and crept along the side until she went from one end to the other. We'll see if walking or crawling wins!
Front to back, toward the left side only....

We introduced the sippy cup. She uses it mostly for a teething toy right now but if we put a little water in it and tip it then she can suck it out. Her expression is always confused because it's a new taste.

We introduced the sippy cup. She uses it mostly for a teething toy right now but if we put a little water in it and tip it then she can suck it out. Her expression is always confused because it's a new taste.
A couple weeks ago we went exploring. We found a covered bridge... and a place that does renaissance fairs. Yep, I didn't know they really existed outside of movies. Too bad we missed it for the summer - ha!
Then we went and picked a few pounds of blueberries. We didn't stay out too long since it was hot but we got a few pounds of blueberries - yum!
She still loves eating. We have been doing solids at 2 meals a day, and now we will start adding another one for 3 meals a day. She eats rice cereal; loves her veggies: squash, carrots, zucchini, peas, and green beans. She tolerates spinach as in the picture below, and today I discovered she refuses to eat oat cereal. I have been making all her veggies from fresh veggies. I tried making oat cereal this morning and decided to stick to commercial cereals. The oat cereal I made this morning was kind of gooey so maybe it was the sticky texture she didn't like.
One evening we had some friends over to play Rock Band. Seoul even tried out the drums! It was good times... food, laughter, music, and fun!

Sweet moment: the other day she was extra cuddly so I decided to rock her to sleep for her morning nap. It was such a perfect moment bonding with her and sharing love. I would recommend to every mom doing it every once in a while... enjoy the time they are little babies.... they grow so fast!
Lately she chatters non-stop... it's adorable! Plus she loves to share her smiles with everyone, you included :)
3 comments:
Look at that smart girl- standing up and trying to walk around already! She's going to be one of those super early walkers... which means watch out! She'll be climbing on everything soon! That's what people always told me, at least.. but I just love watching them learn new things- even if it is climbing and getting into stuff!
If she got teeth and you didn't even know they were comin' then yay! Brandon was AWFUL when he got his first teeth- moody, snotty, etc. None of my other kids did that! It was a shock, that's for sure :).
This is a really long comment- oops!
I love your blog - so fun to see what Seoul is up to! She is such a sweetheart and looks like a happy little girl! Good job, parents!!!
So, so cute! I'm never over it! I miss that precious little face so much! I can't believe how big she is getting! Come visit soon! :) And if I type another exclamation point, please kill me.
Post a Comment