Seoul can say she's run her 2nd 5K... the first she was in my belly and the second she was in her stroller. A yearly tradition? We'll see...
Actually I'm pretty ridiculous. A few months ago my friend asked if I wanted to run and I agreed. Then a few weeks ago I backed out like the flake I am. The Friday before the Saturday run I felt like I wanted to do it for some reason. Yes, not much "training." I had been doing a run about once or twice a week... just a couple miles with our newly acquired jogging stroller.
Actually I'm pretty ridiculous. A few months ago my friend asked if I wanted to run and I agreed. Then a few weeks ago I backed out like the flake I am. The Friday before the Saturday run I felt like I wanted to do it for some reason. Yes, not much "training." I had been doing a run about once or twice a week... just a couple miles with our newly acquired jogging stroller.
These are pictures of Seoul on our weekly jogs - before & after... every single run :)
So the morning of the race I woke up and Kelley looked at me. Good man that he is asked if I was going to run and I couldn't decide. He told me to get up and go. It was in Corvallis so I got ready and loaded Seoul and did it! Since I'd never run that far with the stroller and didn't know the course my goal was under 45 minutes. Surprisingly I finished in 36:11... no walking... and there were even a few inclines on the run. I was pleased with the results. Wahoo!
Starting the race...
... and finishing the race...
I'm glad I did the race. It's still hard to believe that I am able to jog multiple miles at a time. I remember when I first started jogging and it was hard for me to do a couple laps, let alone a mile. Now it's nice that I can pick up pretty much where I left off and keep it going. It's definitely easier to stay motivated when there is a goal. I enjoy having the jogging stroller so I can run outside and teach Seoul good exercise habits as she gets older.
No comments:
Post a Comment