Thursday, July 01, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

We are blessed to have good men in our lives.

My Grandpa - miss him and think of him often. Among many things he taught me to love music. I remember he would have me accompany him while he sang (he had a beautiful voice). He would "test" me by singing faster or slower, quieter or louder, and as an accompanist I would have to follow his lead.

Kelley was able to meet my Grandpa and the thing that stands out to both of us is that Grandpa told him he had his ducks in a row. I think that meant a lot to Kelley. Seoul never knew Grandpa but one day she will.




My Dad - he has taught me to give and love unconditionally. There are more important people in the world than yourself.

This is a really old picture but I love it - it's framed on my desk. One of the fun adventures we've had together.



Again, super old picture but it is my dad in a nutshell. He came to visit over one 4th of July and requested a red, white, and blue cake. So here it is :)



Kelley's Grandpa - Unfortunately I don't have a picture scanned of him but he has shaped Kelley's character and is his "hero." Kelley has fond memories of him and one day Seoul & I will be able to meet him.

Kelley's Dad - I appreciate the man Kelley has become because of the actions of his father.




My Husband and fantastic Father to Seoul:

We have come so far and have so far to go together. I am looking forward to the rest of our lives. He has taught me so much, been a great example, loved with his whole heart, and learned from mistakes. He treats me like a queen and Seoul like a princess and we couldn't ask for anything more.

From this 4 1/2 years ago:



to daddy now:



I made him german pancakes for breakfast, then we spoiled him with gifts after church.

Love you daddy!



Seoul got him a new beard trimmer. One night as we were giving good night kisses she did the hurt sign and pointed to his beard. So, she thought it would be a good idea to help him out :)



I got him a weed eater to help out with the yard work. Yay for my big, strong, hard-working man!



Then a few extras.... can't go wrong with a new orange shirt and peanut butter M&M's!!



Happy Father's Day... we love you SO much!!

No comments: