Thursday, June 16, 2011

"Business Trip" to Seattle (from April)

In April Kelley went up to Seattle for a week to do some extra training for work. (No, he doesn't go on business trips very often). He had full day classes Monday thru Friday, so he left Easter Sunday in the evening to be up there for Monday's class. This was the first time he's been apart from the girls that long and it was rough.... maybe more for us than him since he was occupied all day, every day. Seoul constantly asked if she could "see dad on the computer" [Skype] and "I go on business trip now, too?" I survived with the girls (and thanks to my mom I didn't have to make dinners every day because she invited us over!)

Finally Friday rolls around... Seoul finally gets to join dad on his "business trip". He's a good sport because he was exhausted! The drive wasn't bad and we made good time. Once there, the first order of business (besides lots of hugs and kisses!) was swimming. Seoul got it stuck in her head she wanted to go swimming. So we got ready and headed down to the pool....



... but sad day. It wasn't open until May (which we later found out was May 30th, not May 1) - BOO! So, awesome parents that we are... we made a swimming pool in the bath tub. I know, even the girls knew this wasn't nearly as cool.





More hugs because that experience was quite the letdown.



Saturday we had quite the adventure going to Pikes Place Market. It was fun and busy! Seoul had a scary experience at the hotel when a lady's dog got up in her grill so every dog we saw she freaked out. And there were lots. The fresh flowers and produce were so enticing! Maybe the samples of apples and the fresh strawberries we bought made up for the dog experience... maybe...? The whole week Seoul had it in her mind to "catch a fish" for some reason so it was super fun for her to see the fish being thrown around in the Fish Market. Nice 2-year-old that she is, that fulfilled her dream. Glad it was easy this time!











Seoul wouldn't go near this penguin down by the water front. Fortunately I can put Sydney anywhere I want these days :) The weather was perfect today! The carousel was a hit, of course. Seoul discovered the carousel last year in Seaside and loved it!







 


We went to the aquarium and Seoul enjoyed watching the wall of fish. She wasn't a fan of the wave pool for some reason.










Such a fun family adventure! We missed Kelley while he was gone, and this was a fun way to reunite!




Home at last... the drives with the girls weren't bad, thank goodness! Sydney is stretching her legs  by practicing standing. The girls are showing off their new shirts. Seoul is practicing her photography skills. Good times!





1 comment:

Amy said...

Your trip looks so fun. And I greatly approve of your BYU gear. Your girls are adorable.

In response to your question on my blog...I have tried to follow Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child with my kids for getting a good sleep routine going. It has been good except for the fact that my kids don't sleep through the night until they are WAY too old. But I have enjoyed that it helps them learn to fall asleep on their own!