Seven years ago today Grandpa Salway passed away. What an amazing man! I remember he was quick to smile and had a sense of humor, but yet didn't hesitate to reprimand us grandkids when needed. He loved music and had a beautiful voice. I remember he told me I had talent playing the piano because I could follow him well enough. He would sing and have me accompany him... slower, faster, softer, louder, etc. From what I know people thought very highly of him as a man with great morals as well as religious knowledge & conviction. From the first time he met Kelley he liked him... Grandpa told Kelley, "you have all your ducks in a row." Love you Grandpa!
![]() |
| Stylin' Grandpa! |
![]() |
| Grandpa with his first wife, Grandma Eunice. |
![]() |
| Grandpa with his second wife, Vellis (the Grandma I know). |
![]() |
| Grandpa & Grandma with their kids at my Mom's missionary farewell party. [L-R starting at top: Hope, Iva, Derek, Ruth, Hal, Grandpa, Grandma.] |
* Most pictures taken from Aunt Hope's album on Facebook *







No comments:
Post a Comment