Sunday, January 29, 2012

Seoul is THREE years old!!

Our sweet firstborn came [somewhat unwillingly] into this world after two separate inductions and just a little bit of trauma. The first thing she taught us was patience as we waited anxiously for her arrival and she made us wait... and wait...



... but oh, how the wait was worth it. We fell in love with her immediately and our loves grows by leaps and bounds every day.



She has stretched us in ways I couldn't comprehend before becoming a Mom. She teaches us daily as we watch her grow and learn and laugh and cry.

1 year old - she still loves to have one in each hand, no matter what it is. Don't worry she does know how to share willingly, even her coveted fruit snacks.



She has shown us how exciting and fun the little things can be as she discovers everything.

2 years old - her precocious smile still melts our hearts and we still do anything to have her flash it directly at us.



3 years old - her favorite things are Tangled [the movie], books, the letter 's' (yes, she has a favorite letter), the color red, books, vanilla & chocolate swirl frozen yogurt with sprinkles and a random candy, waffles with strawberries & whipped cream, books, her blanket, and soft pants. As a typical 3-year old, she definitely knows what she wants. She is becoming even more independent

In honor of her favorite letter, the words I use to describe her are:  
Smart
Shy
Special
Stubborn
Spunky



One day she will be wearing make-up, going on dates, and wearing high heels...



One day she will go off to college...[as you can see it's yet to be determined where...]



One day she will be married [in the temple]...



One day she will be kissing her own babies...

 

As I sit here reflecting on the past three years I become emotional that time slips through our fingers so quickly whether we are ready or not. I only pray that we can teach her what she needs to know, and set the example that will stay with her forever so she will be happy, successful, and close to the Spirit for the rest of her life.

Happy Birthday to our sweet Seoul!!


3 comments:

DC Diva said...

What a doll! Seriously... beautiful little girl, and you're right -- great smile. Happy Birthday Seoul! (And great post mama!)

Amy said...

She really is so cute and getting so big! I can't believe how fast time goes. Happy Birthday cute girl!

K-Cos said...

Happy Birthday, Seoul! We really need to work on her favorite color over there, JuJus! Haha! What a great post! I can't believe she's 3 already either! She's so beautiful!