Friday, February 17, 2012

Blogs




So, one night I was reading our blog from the beginning. And I laughed hysterically. Kelley and I were so goofy and did some random things in the before-kids-life. (Really, there was such a thing but I would never go back. I can't imagine life without our girls!)

Anyway, the point is that Kelley started the blog. He was the solo author of any and all content and always wanted me to write but I rarely did. (Now look at me, writing and changing designs all by myself - what an accomplishment! Ha!) This was one of the first posts: What is a blog? and I found it fun that, as usual, Kelley was the "pioneer" in trying something that most of our friends/family hadn't done. It all started to update those far away from us of our exciting wedding plans.


Now to the point of this post: it seems like the majority of people have a blog of sorts, whether it's a private journal or public blog to brag about their kids, keep a scrapbook of sorts, post creative activities, provide yummy recipes, etc. I'm super impressed by so many of these women that post on their blogs what they do every day. I admit sometimes it makes me feel SO inadequate - I don't do amazing projects with my kids every day, re-decorate my house every week, sew beautiful things, cook gourmet food, do a bajillion things that everyone else seems to be good at. I'm not at all complaining or asking people to feel sorry for me. I love love love that I get so many great ideas from others because let's face it, I'm not at all creative. I love love love keeping up with friends' lives and get to watch their kids grow. I love blogs. 



A couple friends have mentioned using time more wisely, and that includes eliminating reading blogs that have no meaning and/or uplift them. That got me thinking about the purpose of our family blog. Essentially it's to provide pictures of our family (read: the girls) for family/friends that are far away, and has become a scrapbook. I don't post about soul searching deep thoughts or intellectual subjects. I keep a daily, personal journal for that kind of thing. Admittedly since I have started thinking about this I compose witty, meaningful posts every day.... in my head. I don't get time to post them, and then I really wonder if anyone else would care about them. So I thought I'd do this random-attempt-at-sharing-my-thoughts post just for fun. I'm done. Thanks.


I just found this amusing because sometimes I just think that is what I do: pointless, incessant barking.

No comments: