Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Seoul's Birthday Parties

Seoul's Tangled birthday party went well! She is excited to be three now, and is excited to be four next year {slow down Seoul!}!!


This is one of the four Tangled templates I used for the invitations.



I made Seoul her very own Tangled birthday t-shirt for her special day.



We got creative with some decorations and activities thanks to some great sites online:
http://family.go.com/disney/pkg-disney-character-fun/pkg-everything-tangled/ 
http://www.supermommoments.com/2011/01/tangled-party-games-activities/


My awesome Mom and Mother-in-Law helped with this cool braid. It took more time than I anticipated but Seoul still plays with it so totally worth it! I printed the banner (from the movie) and Kelley strung them up. We hit the jackpot with Tangled decorations at Walmart! (Kelley tried to find some at Party City and he struck out - so crazy since Tangled is a pretty popular movie right now).




 




Kid Party

Sorry, no traumatizing event like a life-size SpongeBob like last year. Probably made the kids happy, but the parents remembered :)

First the kids colored coloring pages while everyone arrived. Next they worked on a cute Pascal blower craft.







The kids played the game: Pin the Frying Pan on Flynn Ryder - some kids tried it blindfolded, some didn't. They all had fun, though! [To toot our own horns, Kelley and I did the poster free hand!]







Seoul was most excited about eating - that's our girl! She chose her plate and napkin early on. We had Pascal cupcakes and Jello Boats, inspired by the Lake scene in the movie. Kids love their sugar!








Seoul opened some fabulous gifts that she loves - such kind & generous friends! Then, of course, the traditional 'all kids' photo.





Happy Birthday, sweet Seoul!
Love,
Daddy





Side note: Sydney does exist even though she's not in a single photo. She slept during the entire party. Not kidding.




Family Party


Fortunately both girls took afternoon naps after the morning festivities. This party was low-key so we could visit and wind down a bit. I attempted a Tangled cake since Seoul asked for a cake with the "Tangled tower" on it. After various experiments to make the tower tall, yes, it did fall over. Fortunately people were able to see it before the dramatic crash of 2012.



More presents - what a lucky girl! We now have all things Tangled in our house... and Seoul is in heaven!


Hopefully Amanda had more fun that this photo depicts - haha!





Sydney made an appearance! She even got a gift today also :)




So much cake in one day... LOVE it!!




Seoul's Actual Birthday


We just had a little gift opening party on her actual birthday. More fun things for Seoul! We love her and spoil her so much because she's our princess!






I love you, my sweet daughter!! Happy Happy Birthday!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Adorable! All of it! That braid is to die for. I wonder if I will ever have the desire to host a friend party. I just can't picture myself doing it so good for you!