Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Mommy

I love my man and my two girls more than I can say. They make my life complete and even on the rough days I know I am so blessed.


Lately I've been trying to improve myself so I can be better for my family.

FIRST
Strengthening my testimony of the Book of Mormon and praying more intently. I have discovered some great insight by reading the Book of Mormon with the specific purpose of strengthening two particular weaknesses. This morning Seoul reminded me that we need to say our morning prayers.



SECOND
Eating better and losing weight. The pounds have been attaching themself to me lately and I wasn't a fan. Plus I had some other health goals to work on. So I decided to lose weight. I limited calories and really tried to work in exercise {almost} every day. I can't wait until the weather is nice so we're walking more. I was able to shed some pounds and remind myself how much I love exercising. Time and logistic constraints have me doing these but maybe I can get back into running this summer. These are great... lost 1-1/2" from my waist in just a little over a month.




THIRD
Personal Time. Catching up on my daily journal and reading for pleasure. Well, I have a private blog for my journal these days because I type much faster than I write. [The unfortunate thing is that my handwriting is so much worse than when I physically wrote it, but that's beside the point.] I have also been reading more but I do have to limit that because I LOVE reading and it could consume every minute of my day. Haha!




There are many more things to work on but those are just a few that I wanted to focus on. Baby steps, right? I'm grateful for my experiences.

So, I was doing just great and felt balanced. Then, of course as life does, it threw me a curve ball. At church I was called to a position that {currently} encompasses all my fears into one calling: PRIMARY CHORISTER. This heightened my stress and changed my routine a bit. Fortunately I'm ready to get back into the groove. Isn't life interesting!?
[I added a tab at the top to post about my experience and different things I do if you're interested.]

And of course, no post is complete with a pictures of my lovely girls.


1 comment:

The Evans Family said...

Ah, you are giving me some motivation in a few areas! I have to type my journal out as well, but we won't talk about how long it's been since I wrote or typed in my journal...=-) Making time to read isn't a problem though!