The anticipated check out time of 11:00 AM came and went. I was pretty antsy and ready to leave. Sierra's blood sugars weren't quite where they needed to be consistently so there was even talk of keeping her another night! I cheered her on as much as I could, nursed her often, and just prayed we could go home today as a family.
Finally we did in the afternoon! Time to start real life... I'm glad it went better than the preparation for a new baby did. Kelley brought down the car seat from the attic. It was not fresh, unfortunately. The straps were in the wrong spot because Sydney had used it last. We are grateful for my sweet sister-in-law who washed the newborn clothes for us. People probably thought we were first-time parents as I struggled with moving the straps as the car was running. Poor 3rd child!
| Ready to take my baby girl home! |
| Getting a little rest in the big bed as we wait to find out if we can go home today. |
| Just waiting... |
| She may have been a bit larger at birth but that newborn outfit is still big on her. |
| All bundled up and ready to go! |
| Little head, big hat. |
| Whew - the parents got the car seat in OK. Time to snooze because that was hard work! |
| Elated that we are ready to leave the hospital. Nobody was around to take a photo of all three of us. Again, poor 3rd child! Haha! |
| "Daddy, I missed you!!" |
| "This is my baby!" The first thing Seoul said as she walked in the door was, "Where is my baby? I missed her!" No love for the mommy or daddy. |
| Getting started early sleeping on daddy's chest. |
| First sleep in the cradle from Grandma Salway. |
No comments:
Post a Comment