Life with three little children definitely has its ups and downs. Good thing my kids are so darn cute!! As Kelley points out, I’m “living the dream” and I wouldn’t have it any other way, even during the hard times. I heard mixed opinions about adding a third child into the mix. Some say it was cake while others claim it’s the most difficult transition. Obviously everyone falls somewhere on the spectrum, and I truly hope everyone can work it out whether it takes a short time or long time to adjust. I’m strung a bit tighter than I was before but the transition was fine… fortunately as time goes on I realize I’m relaxing a bit more as well. I have to wonder if it’s the 3rd child that makes things difficult or the ages of the older children? As the older ones push their boundaries a bit more, that definitely adds another element into motherhood that is all new. Newborn life is old hat by now (right?) but figuring out how to communicate and help a 4-year-old is new territory. Plus plowing through the “terrible two’s / three’s” yet again, especially with an extremely willful child. Maybe that is where the difficulty in transition lies, not having another newborn. (Let’s face it: they eat, poop, sleep, and cry once in a while… not mobile, not talking back, just being cute & cuddly). Whatever the case may be, I’m grateful for my girls. It is truly amazing how much the heart can expand. So on to the cute pictures {from May}…
Sierra sleeps a lot. I honestly don’t remember the other girls sleeping so much. The girls and I play a lot. It is such a blessing that Seoul & Sydney play well together so I’m not constantly entertaining someone.
I really tried to get the girls outside to enjoy the summer weather. Sydney adopted this little toy caterpillar as her pet and insisted she takes it for walks. She dragged it the whole way and even carried it sometimes. Seoul insisted on riding this little tricycle instead of her bike. They are hilarious! Of course it’s slow going but the fresh air is so refreshing. No pics of Sierra but she just slept in the front carrier.
Love this sweet little girl and all her funny expressions. She has so many characteristics like Sydney. She and Sydney share the same kissable cheeks! But she also has a chin dimple and one on her left side like Seoul. Every day she changes, and we love her more and more!
Just a couple weeks after Sierra was born (since she came early) we had a Zoo trip planned for preschool. So we adventured out. It wasn’t bad, although she did have the HUGEST blow out of her life yet. (That is why Sierra has a long sleeve, footie outfit on during the middle of summer – only extra thing in the bag for some reason.) Just lovely. All the kids had a lot of fun and I’m glad we were able to go. (Thanks to the other moms and my SIL that helped with my girls!)
Daddy loves his new little baby girl. Life’s not complete without a few naps on dad’s chest. He can’t get enough of her!
An attempt at pictures with all three girls. Sierra looks pretty excited. I love in the first picture Seoul is looking at Sydney thinking, “What are you doing? Mom is trying to take our picture!” Lately Sydney forgets who I am and looks in some other direction while I take pictures. Her face is pointing the right direction but she inevitable choose to look off to the side. That with a silly expression EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Just gotta laugh, I guess.
And then the babe… sprawled out without a care in the world.
{Pictures from May 1-5, 2013}
1 comment:
I think you said it best Joo! I think it is the other kids that make the transition hard. And sleep deprivation. I'm pretty nervous about the transition to 3! But I'm hoping them having preschool will help them keep some normalcy in their little lives during it all.
Post a Comment