Wednesday, October 03, 2007

the BIG THREE-ZERO (30)

I'd like to give a shout out to Kelley on his birthday.... this is one of his most favorite days of the whole year. The BIG THREE-ZERO (30) as he referred to it on his last post. Therefore, he's older and wiser so ask him anything you want! (I asked him about spiders – one of my many random questions)

His mom came up Tuesday to spend the day with him. They went to the Temple to do some family work, which was very exciting. Kelley actually baptized his mom for the names. Nice quality time with the Mom... doesn't happen often with busy schedules. Then we hooked up with our friends Tanner, Michelle and their niƱos Wyatt & Mia for dinner at The Olive Garden. Neverending Pasta Bowl… can’t go wrong with that and breadsticks! Bad service, but it’s the company that counts, right?? It was pouring rain on the drive home… Kelley & Sherril were together and I drove our car. A quick peek at the gas gauge showed a nearly empty tank so I drove home pretty slow to be most fuel efficient. (don't worry, everyone else was going slow because of the weather AND the stretch between Salem & Albany is desperately gas station-less). I was behind Kelley in the hot yellow mustang but he didn’t realize that so he didn't see me pull off for gas in Albany. Too bad my phone decided to be funky on this night. They got home, I wasn’t there, and apparently they saw a bajillion police cars speed past with lights flashing and sirens blaring so Kelley thought the worst…. Especially when he couldn’t get a hold of me on the phone. Poor guy, it was almost a REAL “heart attack”. But then I got home, explained the gas & phone situation and he sighed with relief :)


Kelley had to be out late Tuesday night studying and helping some friends so while he was gone I “heart attacked” the bathroom door with reasons why I love him and made a sign for our front door. Cheesy, but fun.

For the big day, our good friend Amy took us out for lunch to celebrate – Baja Fresh – yum! She’s just great! Kelley did attend both his classes today… good job him. Then after work per his request we had weiner wraps and tater tots for dinner.


[Have to give a shout out to the hilarious movie "Napoleon Dynamite":
Randy: Napoleon, give me some of your tots.
Napoleon: No, go find your own.]

Per request, we also watched a scary movie…. “1408”. Ya, pretty creepy psychologically… check it out sometime. Then we went out for Frosty Floats at Wendy’s to top it off.

Happy Birthday, Husband!

1 comment:

Kelley said...

You are a great wife! Thanks for the great birthday and making me feel special.

Love Kelley