Sunday, December 07, 2008

Baby Update - Week 34

(Nope, this is not a new ultrasound photo, just a reminder of how cute our little Seoul will be!)

I love to see, hear, and read about all the exciting things that are happening with our friends' new little baby's in their lives. Soon that will be Kelley and I. Just 6 weeks from today is the due date... can I just say crazy?? I feel like we have so much time but Kelley keeps reminding me that we really don't. Especially with Christmas falling in the middle of it - time will fly by! What if Seoul decides to make an early appearance?

We had a doctor appointment Friday and things are looking good. My tummy measures 33 cm and the doctor says I look healthy. Seoul has a healthy heart rate (140) and moves so much it's exciting. We asked how we know what position the baby is in, and the doctor said he can show us where her head is. Kelley got to feel her head in my lower abdomen (from the outside, of course!) - that was exciting! I will assume that is why people have commented that I am getting the "pregnant walk" these days - haha! I asked how people get to the birth and not realize they are carrying a 10 lb baby (we've heard various stories of how people had larger babies but didn' t expect it). The doctor felt my stomach and said she's right about 5 3/4 lbs now... at birth she should be between 6-7 lbs. Guess he knows how to feel these things...? I really hope he's spot on!

I am so grateful Kelley loves coming to the appointments with me and that he has a flexible job that allows him to do so.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Brady and Brittney said...

oh my gosh! just 6 weeks! that's barely over a month, you will be parents in less than 2 months! PARENTS!!! don't get nervous or anything. am i making you nervous?

Jenn Mize said...

So exciting! I am seriously so excited for you guys! It is the best thing in the WORLD! Hopefully these last 6 weeks go by fast for you, especially because of the holidays in the middle of it all! :) Good luck!

Jerilee E. said...

Ah, those last 6 weeks. They will seem slow, but then will be gone in a flash! Not to spoil anything, but my midwife felt my stomach when I was pregnant with Hali and said she estimated she would be 7.5-8lbs at birth... and she was 10 lbs 6 oz. You, however, are much smaller than me. :) You will have a cute little tiny baby that does NOT come out the size of a 2 month old.

Jen Steyskal said...

Alas...I am one of those people you mention who had no idea she was carrying a HUGE baby. The dr told me Blake would be 7-8 lbs so i took his word for it. On the inside, however, I could hardly breath...he must have been all up inside, cause yeah we he came he looked 3 months old...10 lbs 9 oz. You will probably have a tiny cute baby though :) Here's to great times ahead!!!

spudette said...

The count down is on! Get lots of rest these last few days & enjoy sleeping for more than 3 hours in a row - soon that's all you'll get! Can't wait to pictures! And I love the name you chose. She's going to be beautiful!
~Marti