Flying... I've done it numerous times with no problem. This time I am going to claim pregnancy brain! Flight to Tucson:
We were running late so we did the skycap so we didn't have to wait in line. Too bad we got stopped at security! When we were going through security I got pulled aside and the lady started going through my purse. It began as just rummaging, and then she started pulling everything out. I didn't know what she was looking for so I just watched. She had almost finished and gave up the search when, being the helpful person I am, I started pointing out the various pockets she could check. I honestly didn't think there was anything in any of the side pockets since I don't use them. In one of the pockets in the back she said "here it is"... yes, she pulled out the Leatherman I keep in there. I completely forgot about it and then felt completely silly even though I wasn't intending to smuggle a knife onto the plane! She said we could mail it to ourselves or throw it away. Really? You can mail something to yourself at the airport? We were in a hurry so I said toss it. Bummer - I felt bad I got rid of one of Kelley's gifts.
Flight to Portland:
You think I would have learned! This time we had more time but I still got pulled off to the side and had my purse checked. This time it was because I had not separated out my little bottle of lotion. It was in the required plastic baggie but just not out of the purse. Ergh! At least it wasn't as big a deal as the knife incident.
After those SMALL mishaps, Kelley said he can't take me flying again - haha!
The bright side is that we found our camera during this debacle! When the lady was searching my purse the first time she pulled something out and stuck it back in the pocket. Again, a pocket I NEVER use so I believe Kelley put it in there. I checked for what it was when we were seated at the gate and it was our camera! Yay!
2 comments:
Believe it or not I've done the exact same thing with a pocket knife... twice! And I've mailed it to myself. TWICE.
HAHA gotta love the airport. That totally sounds like a pregnancy brain occurance. I would have done the same things. Funny story: One time my uncle got pulled to the side and they started searching HIM and being the sarcastic man he is without thinking he said "What do you think I have on me??? A BOMB??" Yeah totally the wrong words to say at the airport. In 2 seconds flat they whisked him away and it took a whole lot of explaining to get out of that one!! :) Great times. You make me laugh!
Post a Comment