Friday, February 05, 2010

Homeowners

I was asked when it felt like "home" and I realize that it's felt like home since the day we moved in, no furniture and all. We love the area, being close to family, getting to knock holes in the wall if needed, painting to make it our own... everything. Kelley just commented last night that he likes that Seoul just roams around on her own, from one end of the house to the other.

It's a one-level 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom house that fits us perfectly.


view from the front door (the tv with our new stand is to the left of the picture)




view from the corner of the dining room (behind the desk is the corner sectional sofa)




view into the kitchen. please note the FABULOUS new double oven. pizza and breadsticks baking and done at the same time... at different temperatures. LOVE IT!!


this was the icky stove that was originally with the house. yep, seoul could almost reach the knobs and actually pull open the oven door a little. ugh.



the bathroom. we haven't changed our original beaver bathroom color scheme so eventually we will coordinate the towels and curtain with the tile that's already there.



seoul's room. it now has light pink and raspberry walls. i will take new pictures and update once we get the wallpaper border in our hands and put up.






Oops, no pictures of the office or our bedroom... must have gotten sidetracked. When I update with Seoul's room I will post pics of those... they aren't that exciting anyway.

Of course I must include pictures of Kelley's homeowner handiwork :)

as previously mentioned we knocked a hole in the wall to move the water heater. this is kelley patching the hole with sheetrock. he then painted the entire area ... it's looks fantastic!


later he tiled the floor of the laundry area. first the hardiplank (?). then using the big tools! - a wet saw/tile cutter. next he meticulously laid the tile. his finished product looks so great! (well, he's going to do a tile backsplash instead of the rubber baseboard thing)






We have spent time in the yard raking the leaves... that have never been raked at all this year, I think! Kelley loves knocking things off what he calls the "honey-do" list (but secretly I think he enjoys adding projects to the supposed list I've made).

Homeownership is work and I know we're still new... but we're having a lot of fun and have fun ideas on how to improve and expand over the years. Yay for us!

3 comments:

A.Lee said...

Yay! That is awesome. So happy for you guys.

Amy said...

So exciting Joo. It looks super cute for your little family!

Brenna said...

I'm so glad you posted pictures! I'm so happy for you!