Tuesday, September 07, 2010
She has a name!
We've chosen the name Sydney Louise for our new baby girl that's on the way. Seoul and Sydney will be sisters in more ways than one...
When we chose Seoul's name, we discovered my dad is very into the meaning of names. Who knew :) He was unsure of the name Seoul because it is just a city (capital of South Korea, where I was born). It grew on him and (I think) he was OK with it by the time Seoul was born. I told him yesterday we'd chosen the name Sydney and he liked it right away. Again, a city (in Australia). Last night he sent me this random factoid in an email:
"I was interested to find out what cities were sister cities to Seoul and Sydney is one since 1991."
I love it! I love the name. I love the fact that Sydney is a sister city to Seoul. I love that my dad researched this and let me know! (never EVER would I have thought of this connection) - love you dad!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I love it! Like I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! So cute and I think it's neat they're sister cities! Fun, I can't wait for her to come!
Sydney Louise! It's beautiful! I really love the idea of naming them after cities. Maybe you can go visit their cities sometime? :)
Love it. And I love that your dad researched it and found that they're sister cities. Too cute.
Post a Comment