Wednesday, March 23, 2011

CHICKA CHICKA BOOM BOOM!

Seoul absolutely LOVES this book/video:


We checked this book out the beginning of last year and renewed it as many times as the library would let us because Seoul loved it. I'm convinced this is where she really got her foundation for knowing her letters. A few weeks ago she discovered it at the library again... then just recently we discovered the video. She has probably 60% of it memorized and goes around quoting it all day. It's adorable to show her the book and have her "read" it to us!

She reads Goodnight Moon quite often also. It's so fun to see her read to her baby or read to Sydney (often times this is what I see when I take showers). She only needs to hear the book a couple times to be able to finish phrases of the story. I admit the nerd in me LOVES that she shares my love of books!





This is the scene I discovered the other day after she said she had taken a nap. Little stinker!

1 comment:

The Evans Family said...

The nerd in me loves that my kids love books also. I love to hear them "reading" their books using the same tone of voice and inflections I use when I read them. It cracks me up. Grace's bed is always full of books. She can't go to sleep without her stack of books and wakes up in a panic if one is missing of if they have fallen. I like it because it keeps her happy in bed for a long time!