Sunday, July 22, 2012

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is always just lovely. I'm spoiled on more than just this day each year, but I appreciate the extra from my sweet husband and girls on a special day. I am in awe as to how much I intensely love my children. How much I learn from them. To be privileged to be entrusted with these innocent little beings from my Heavenly Father brings tears to my eyes when I think about it too much. My heart fills with joy as well as a tiny bit of sorrow that I can't protect them from every evil they may encounter in their lives. Every day I learn, and want to do more for them. I can't forget a shout out to my amazing husband for being my trusted companion in this adventure of parenthood. He treats me like a queen, and I'm the luckiest girl ever to share my life with him. Happy Mother's Day to me!


We went to church, where I survived the first "performance" by my cute little primary kids. Whew! Then I got a "burrito" as the little token from the ward. Ok, so it wasn't a burrito really, but it reminded me of one - a peanut butter cup candy bar wrapped in tissue paper. Good times!


Dinner was going to breakfast for dinner - one of my favorites - but I had broken the waffle maker the night before. Oops! Turned out OK because we went to my brother's house and had a nice salmon & chicken dinner with most of my family.

A few days later Kelley and Seoul started work on my gift - a planter box for the front window. I'm excited! Seoul enjoyed working with Kelley and making her own project!




Happy Mother's Day to my Mom, my Grandma, my friends, and other family. I hope it was special and you feel loved. You are. You are all examples to me, and I commit myself to being a better mom for all the things I see and learn from you.


No comments: