Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Sydney's half-birthday!

18 months old and conquering the world one milestone at a time!

I've been intending to do a big post about Sydney for months now but she is doing new things every day and I didn't know where to begin.
(Yes, poor second child gets far less blog-accolades for each new thing she accomplishes - oops!)

So to begin...

Sydney loves to be involved, included, recognized. She adores her big sister, and tries to do everything she does. Don't ever question that she understands. She knows. I'm pretty sure she knows what I want and already makes the mental decision to obey or disobey. And no question, sometimes she chooses to disobey. She is a vocal little child - happy or upset she is emitting some kind of scream. Her laugh is joyful and infectious. She is a good balance of girly and tomboy - she loves barrettes and dresses but also doesn't hesitate to get down and dirty in the garden. When we say prayers, she folds her arms and murmurs like she is saying the prayer, and then ends with a big 'amen'! She loves to sing and dance! She replies with "Love you!" [vove you] when you say it most of the time.


{These are 100% current pictures - the best I could get of a child that is constantly moving.}


Sydney talks non-stop. Here is a sampling of her "first" words:
banana (bana)
ball
bye
dada
mommy
Jesus
sissy
water (wawa)
milk
bird
up
Belle
snack
cookie
milk
stuck
help
Seoul
love you
candy
bread
bubble
puppy
cat
helmet
bike
pink
purple
amen
cracker
cheese
hat
goggles
book
She literally picks up & tries new words every day. Today's cutest new word is 'monkey.'


She still does a few signs but as she speaks more she signs less. To note, she knows the signs for:
more
food
please
thank you
banana
book
all done
help
dog
cat
milk
drink
potty

Whenever she sees a dog, she pants (the baby sign). She now says 'cat' when we see those. She recognizes half of the basic colors. She can identify most animals in books, and has started verbally identifying them (although some aren't quite discernible but she makes the same sound every time for each animal). She is learning the sounds that go with each animal, and does some of them. She enjoys coloring, especially on the easel (or her body).

Favorites right now:
sitting on Seoul's bed to read books
Belle
cheese
her blanket
her helmet
strawberries
playing in water (pool or kidwash)
going for walks
dolls
rolling her arms for "The Wheels on the Bus"
song: Itsy Bitsy Spider
walking on her tiptoes

This is what I can think of to write about our little princess. She is a gem, and such a joy to have in our family. We are so blessed to know her. Love that girl that is not so much our baby anymore!

{Disclaimer: I try and note things every day in my journal but I very well could have missed many things.}

No comments: