Tuesday, August 28, 2012

our crafty side

One afternoon we were feeling a bit restless and I'd seen these ideas before so I thought I'd bust them out. I'm not super crafty myself but I try and give the girls opportunities to do different activities. Kids love creative outlets, especially Seoul at her age.

Sydney did pudding finger painting... and enjoyed it for about 5 minutes. Here is a link to the activity, although it's just instant pudding and food coloring. [http://homespunwithlove.blogspot.com/2012/04/kids-play-toddler-pudding-finger-paint.htmlSydney didn't enjoy tasting it, the one teeny tiny lick I saw her sneak. When I tried to give her a bite of the plain pudding that was leftover she burst into tears. Her colors just turned icky brown pretty quickly.




Seoul did a little baking soda-vinegar craft that kept her busy for a while. Here is a link to the concept: [http://www.themotherhuddle.com/colored-vinegar-and-baking-soda-activity/] She had a lot of fun and eventually mixed all the colors together, of course. We went through a whole box of baking soda she was at it so long.




{July 2012}

No comments: