Our church celebrates
Pioneer Day, and this year our ward had a super fun celebration! Animals, visiting, food, games... can't beat that. I'm glad we could go as a family and enjoy an evening together with some of our friends.
Pioneers are amazing people. I have all the respect for them, and fully admit that I would not last one single day in their life. Besides the grueling work and walking they did, the few minutes I spent in the pioneer dress were just a few minutes too many!
 |
| Animals are always a hit! |
 |
| The girls really are daddy's girls! |
 |
| Pie eating contest! |
 |
| One activity was dessert bingo. Seoul had her sights set on this cake from the first minute and was SO excited that she could pick it when we won. (Everyone won something, and I admit with longing there were some really yummy looking homemade goodies.) As a followup, she ate just about 5 bites of the entire cake before deciding she didn't like it. |
 |
| I can't believe I have such a beautiful daughter - how lucky am I?! |
 |
| Do we look authentic? I love this picture! |
Seoul and Sydney are looking at these pictures after I posted them. Seoul's memory of this activity: Remember I had TWO popsicles there??
[July 2012]
1 comment:
I had just finished writing our Pioneer Day post then I switched over to my blog and saw that your Pioneer Day post was up! They are very similar! :) I love your old-time family picture, so cute, and Isaac and Grace remember the popsicles too!
Post a Comment