The girls were excited to be in the parade this year. Well, Seoul was while Sydney was just tired. The girls stayed up until 10:00 the night before talking and giggling! We walked in the Kiddie Capers parade with our play group. It was fun to decorate Seoul's bike and hear her say repeatedly, "You are so good at decorating, Mom!" She insisted on tying her Dalmation Puppy to the front so he could join in the festivities of the day. Seoul was a champ and rode her bike the entire way. Unfortunately she couldn't figure out how to throw candy and ride simultaneously so I threw the candy while Seoul just asked to eat it. My mom pushed Sydney in the stroller. Sydney just zoned most of the time, poor girl.
Seeing the animals was a hit this year because both girls loved them! Sydney is really into animals and their sounds so she was pretty excited. Seoul was courageous and petted a llama! Some pigs got away from their owners and came toward us, and it didn't phase Seoul too much. Totally surprising. Oh, and Seoul started asking which animals were girls and which were boys. Weird? I think so.
We met up with the cousins who were at the rides. Of course Seoul wanted to go on some, although the idea was more fun than doing it... at first. She surprised me by loving all the rides even though she had to go by herself. The first was the slide. She tried going with Ella but then got scared at the top. Next she wanted to go on the motorcycles but got scared when it was her turn. I put her on even though she was crying, and I'm pretty sure every mom there thought I was so mean. However, as soon as it started going she LOVED it. Just look at that face!
BEFORE
DURING
NEXT!
I took the opportunity to go on a ride, and was happy that Seoul enjoyed it.
She enjoyed it so much she went on it again with Ella!
Sydney had fun making her tongue blue! It was a hot day so she went with Grandma inside the pavilion to get out of the sun.
Our traditional ice cream cone. The girls enjoyed having their own, although I thought I'd share with Sydney. Boy was I mistaken! She wouldn't give up a bite! Seoul was a sweetie and said, "Here Mom, you can have some of mine since you don't have your own ice cream."
It was a long, super hot day but so much fun! The girls are at a great age to enjoy so many things and I love sharing new experiences with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment