Friday, May 02, 2008

Happy Easter

This is obviously long overdue... Kelley assigned it to me and I slacked... so here it is!

Easter was fabulous! We invited our families down to our place to host our first holiday. Although we were a bit nervous, I think it turned out splendid thanks to Kelley. He attempted to do dinner all by himself but gave in when it came to the deviled eggs - silly him! Fortunately we were able to get the clubhouse so we had plenty of room for all. The spread was delicious... loads of ham, au gratin potatoes, funeral potatoes, homemade rolls, green bean casserole, asparagus, stuffing, veggie tray, deviled eggs, and sparkling cider... yum!






Here is Kelley hard at work slicing up the yummy ham so we can get started eating!












What a lovely table we had... complete with a pink hyacinth and golden bunny rabbits for the centerpiece, compliments of my dad.

My mom added to the festivities with her traditional easter egg bread - braided bread with actual colored eggs baked in. Delish!









After some good feasting we sat around and enjoyed one another's company. Guests: Dale, Ruth, Sherril, David & Ashley, Mindee, Tanner & Michelle & their kids Wyatt and Maya.

We missed Evan & Dana & their kids Trevin, Amanda & Ella, Kendy & Ken, and Klorissa & AJ! Next time!










Mindee and Wyatt became coloring buddies while the rest of us cleaned up. Mindee provided the colors for Wyatt to do his masterpiece... which is...? I never saw the finished product :)












Look how adorable little Maya is! She had the cutest little easter dress, but of course got down to the basics for the feasting :) I love babies!











So, it was a wonderful day! I have to give thanks to everyone who came and helped. We love all of you and appreciate all you do for us! We have fabulous family and friends!

This is also a day especially to remember Jesus Christ - his sacrifice for us and his life for us. Without Him we wouldn't have eternal friends and family. Happy Easter!!

1 comment:

Jennifer Richins said...

Sounds like you guys had quite the spread. And I like the bread/easter egg thing...that looks cool. You'll have to send me the recipe.