
my sewing machine! I asked Kelley for one when I got the whim and he got one for me. The coolest thing is that it is RED!! We picked it up at Symantec (where he had it shipped to surprise me) and I held it in my lap on the way home looking at the cool features.The point of this was that I was all into the thought of sewing for whatever reason. I bought fabric and a simple pattern to make work out / lounging pants (we will see what they will be used for - ha!). Red fabric and off I went! I cut them out and did the inner and outer seam. I then tried them on and realized they were ridiculously LARGE on me. I was positive I measured correctly (and my mom even double checked, probably thinking I didn't know how to measure :). Fortunately they're just pants so I sewed the outer seam much farther in on each leg. Still no luck. Although I took a looong break from sewing then (why? not sure... maybe lazy...?) , the story doesn't end, thank goodness!
I FINISHED my pants yesterday - YAY!! I cut off the sides and did a bigger "seam allowance" (HA!). I finished off the directions with the elastic and ribbon. Hemmed up the bottom and realized.... I CAN'T sew a straight line! Either I get too excited and sew super fast or I have no hand-eye coordination. Votes for either? But they're done and huge in the waist but I rationalize that they can expand with me so they'll last forever.... or not. I'm excited and they're pretty comfy. I was on a roll and even fixed Kelley's pj pants and my pj pants. I'm a regular little seamstress! (my mom wishes!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment