Monday, May 12, 2008

slow and steady finishes the race!

I did it! Saturday morning I was so nervous I woke up WITHOUT AN ALARM CLOCK at 6:50 AM. Can I just say ridiculous?? That was WAY too early. I couldn't sleep so I walked around the apartment and read a book. I have no idea why I was so antsy and nervous but my behavior was completely silly as I was trying to get ready. Kelley finally said he was going to drive me because he didn't trust me to get there on my own (he was planning on coming when the race started, not the early registration time). Off we went!

It's all for a good cause!
I was so full of nervous energy it was ridiculous... just bouncing around! Good thing I didn't run out of juice when the running was supposed to happen!Stretching... and thinking "Really? Can I do this?"
Kiss for luck!
Group photo when we're fresh and ready to go! Joo Lin, Amy, Rebecca, Ron (L-R)
Don't mind my form... I'm the girl in the back... both pictures... but dang my hair looks cute :)
Go Amy Go!Finished!!
Amy & I were successful and met our goal! We rock!
Results for the 5K (3.1 mi):
Joo Lin - 30:28
Amy - 30:51

So, this was a great experience and it feels super good to meet a goal! My goal was to jog the entire thing without walking or stopping. Amy and I did the Couch-to-5K Running Plan and it works really well. Please don't get confused that I love running, far from it... I do it to keep in shape and meet my goal of running a 5K one day. Sure, I'll run more of them but nope, never a marathon :) I think I'll max out at 5 miles...

Shout out to my mom for coming down to Corvallis to support me! Then we all went to breakfast at Elmer's. Yum!

1 comment:

Brady and Brittney said...

Great job JooLin, I would have been there too. It makes me miss Corvallis more to miss out on stuff but we are doing fine. So what was the couch to 5K schedule? I'm interested.