Friday, September 19, 2008

THE BESTEST HUSBAND EVER!!!


So, I LOVE this show with my whole soul (since season 2)! Needless to say when the season ended I was bummed and already looked forward to the next season... come once a year only *sigh*. To cheer me up during some rough times Kelley surprised me with TICKETS to the concert!! Yep, we are going to see SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE on Sunday night! I have been counting the days and there are not words to describe how excited I am :) I'm not a huge concert person whether it is music or anything else but THIS brings a smile to my face!

THANKS KELLEY!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!


Addendum (I got permission from Kelley before adding this)

Think back to August 21st. Kelley calls me at work and tells me that he has to go do another pee test for his new job... up in Portland.... by 7 pm that night... and that he'd wait for me to get off work so we could go up there together. I said "sure" while thinking: "why is he waiting for me to go, that is cutting it close." I get off work and rush home thinking we had a time crunch. Kelley is unloading the dishwasher and tells me to relax a bit and then we'll leave. Another thought in my head: "why is he not worried about leaving to get up there in time" but I trust he knows what he's doing. We head out... he's not excessively speeding and we're just chatting. I finally ask the question - why do you have to do another pee test? He made up something and I seemed to buy it. Closer to Portland I am starting to get worried that we're not going to make it to the place by 7 pm, but again, Kelley seems unworried. About 6:45, not close to our destination he asks me to get a paper out of the middle console. I pull out a card, flip it over, see my name on it, and ask if it's something I should be seeing (I'm a dork!). Kelley then has a huge grin and says "yes, open it". Inside is one of the best cards I've ever gotten (yes, I read everything before looking inside)... and inside are folded TICKETS!! It doesn't register at first but then it dawns on me - he is NOT going to do another pee test - we are going to SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE. RIGHT NOW! We pull into the Rose Garden, park, and meander over to the entrance. In the open area there are skateboarders and BMX bikers with various booths. I thought it was kind of a strange crowd to be going to this performance, but cool, whatever, I AM GOING. We get inside, the girl scans our tickets and it rings up as "invalid date" - what does that mean? Kelley leads me back outside thinking maybe it's at the Coliseum. As we walk outside I look at the tickets again. Yep, right place. Yep, the 21st... but wait, it's not SUNDAY today. The concert is SEPTEMBER 21st... a month from today! Kelley is super embarrassed but I think it's totally hilarious and cute of him!! He completely surprised me with these tickets and then we get an extra memory tacked on because we get to go to the actual concert in a month. Good times in the Rice family!!

3 comments:

Rhanda said...

Hope you have a super time!!

Jennifer Richins said...

Ha Ha...that's too funny. What a great husband! Hope you guys have a wonderful time.

Unknown said...

Haha, Brett and I are going too. Funny story...a friend offered me two extra tickets and I of course accepted. She if I would be able to find a friend that would want the extra...she didn't think Brett would want to go. But it wasn't even a question...HE loves that show JUST as much as ME!!! And of course, he's stoked!! Hope it was fun!