Thursday, March 26, 2009

Forever Young...?

As of yesterday, I am officially the age women claim to be forever after what? the age of 45-ish? Is 30 so scary they chose year 29? Does that mean it will be the best year of my life because year 29 is AMAZING for EVERYONE? We shall see... I will let you know next year :) I have high hopes with this new phase of life anyway.






I woke up to this on the wall downstairs - Seoul gave Kelley the idea :) The pictures spell out Happy Birthday - great idea!

Again, from day 1 to today she has changed SO much. I can now say that from a different perspective than being an observer.



















We went to story time this morning. Seoul fell asleep on the way from the car to the room but woke up to be alert for the very end. Sleepy girl! Then I had lunch with some friends and their kids - Brittany & Randy and Jenn & Tucker. I think Applebee's is one of my favorite restaurants.



This afternoon Seoul and I just relaxed together. We sang songs and read books. I wrote in my journal while watching Aladdin... one of my all time favorite movies. Yes, I like to sing along too!

Throughout the day I got phone calls from family... lovely. I appreciate the thought.






Kelley left work early and surprised me. I got roses, cards from both he and Seoul, Sweethearts candies, the movie Alvin & the Chipmunks (I think it's hilarious), an ABC book for Seoul, and professional pictures for Seoul/the family. I'm really excited!! We had dinner at the RoadHouse (tri tip..yum!) and Kelley made me a cake.



It was a lovely day - just what I like. This past year has been eventful and wonderful and I look forward to another year of love and laughter! Thanks to a great husband and daughter for making it the perfect birthday!

I will end with a picture of Seoul, of course :)



1 comment:

Rhanda said...

She is so darling! Glad you had a good birthday. I have yet to experience being 29. haha