Today is Seoul's 6 week birthday - the time has flown by! I am so loving being a mom and appreciate the patience it is teaching me. It is very good for me to think of someone other than myself the majority of the day/night. The time I do get to think of myself is when Kelley is a great daddy/husband and takes over in the evenings & weekends so I can relax and have some Joo Lin-time.
Day 1 to 5 1/2 weeks... what a big girl!
Warning: this is mostly verbiage without a lot of pictures - sorry!
Now that we're getting into some routines, here is what the day generally looks like. Seoul wakes between 7-9 AM, depending on the nighttime feedings. After the morning feeding she is usually awake for 1-1 1/2 hours so we play... I sing songs, read books, and talk to her. She really likes hand motions. Her favorite songs are "The Wheels on the Bus" and "The Itsy Bitsy Spider." Her smiles are becoming more frequent, showing those cute little dimples. She falls asleep after a while so I shower and eat breakfast. Generally she wakes for another feeding and is then awake for another 1-2 hours so we have tummy time and play time again. She really likes mirrors and lights/windows. Between afternoon feedings is when we go out and about. Some days I take the stroller and go for a walk through the neighborhood. As the weather gets nicer this will probably happen more often. Some days we run errands or go to appointments. Time for another short nap and more eats for Seoul. I attempt to be a good wife and make dinner but it depends on when Seoul eats. I'm trying to be better about having dinner ready since the evenings are so short. Then Kelley and Seoul and I have family time. The days fly by but they are good. Don't get me wrong, there are not-so-great days when Seoul is fussy or needs more attention but the days still fly by. Fortunately they are not often.
On Wednesdays we go to storytime at the library. Yes, she is young but she has been awake the last couple times and seems to really enjoy watching the kids run around and do the motions to the songs they sing. Plus I get to learn songs and activities to do with her on the other days. Then we usually check out a few books for daddy to read to her at bedtime.
A couple baby helps I enjoy:
Smart Stages 3-in-1 Rocker Swing
Seoul is now truly entertained by the hanging animals. The seat comes off and becomes an infant bouncy seat, which is great for when I shower. She either sleeps or is entertained by the animals. She likes the sound of the shower, blow dryer, or Beethoven to soothe her.

Bright Starts Play Gym
Seoul likes looking up at the mirror and I put the rattle toy where her feet kick so she likes the sound of that. She is starting to make more baby noises and she "talks" to the hanging sun/flower. It keeps her entertained in the mornings. Tummy time is on this mat so it's cleaner and the colors catch her eye. If I play with the crunchy flower and butterfly she will turn her head to see what I'm doing... sometimes. Some days she hates tummy time. Mean mommy am I!

1 comment:
Joo Lin - She is so sweet and it sounds like you are getting on a good schedule! The best thing I did with Reilly was join a moms' group! If you can find one, I definitely recommend it. I bet your hospital or other mom friends could point you in the right direction. I paid through an organization who set up groups by baby's age and neighborhood, so all the moms live close and have kids within 2 weeks of each other! It is the BEST! Just nice to have other folks to talk to! I can't say enough good things about moms' group - definitely worthwhile!
kelsey
Post a Comment