Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Healthy, Wealthy, Wise... and Strong

Seoul had her 4-month doctor visit a couple weeks ago. She is a perfectly healthy girl! She is wealthy because she has so many who love her. She is wise... and strong - the doctor was super impressed by how well she sat up on her own and how aware/curious she was of everything.

Stats:
Weight - 14 pounds 6 ounces (75th percentile)
Length - 25 inches (80th percentile)
Head - 16 inches (40th percentile)

After the nurse weighed her and we laid her down to put the diaper back on she peed everywhere... before the diaper was there. She got distance... to me and the floor. Silly girl!!

She had two shots - ew! She laid there ok for the first one and then cried at the second one. Once I picked her up she was fine after a couple minutes. I am a lucky one that she doesn't have longer reactions. Kelley was there to be supportive, which was so nice. I think it's harder on the parents than the babies!

Here she is the afternoon of the appointment... happy as usual.



While at the doctor, naked & waiting for the nurse, Seoul really discovered the mirror. We totally wish we had the video camera. She was making faces at herself and doing "strong man" poses with her arms. It was hilarious! So when I got home I set up the mirror and she liked watching herself.... yes, eating the rings.



Fortunately instead of being fussy and difficult, Seoul sleeps a lot after she has her shots. The new pose is blanket over the body, sometimes arms still up.



2 comments:

Jerilee E. said...

She just seems like she's happy all the time! I love the picture of her and the mirror. I love when they start noticing themselves in the mirror.. fun fun! She's growing nice and big, too! Nice work, mom!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe what a big girl she is! We should get together for dinner sometime...what works best for you guys?